This workshop combines a tour of our flower farm with a flower arranging session in our studio.
On Saturday, August 13, from 4-7 p.m., you'll experience our studio, farm and flower shop!
Here's What You'll Receive
Behind-the-scenes access to our flower studio in a historic bank building in cute downtown Marshall
- A small-group tour of our flower farm with an opportunity to pick flowers and take photos
- A flower arranging demo and lesson
- A vase and centerpiece to take home
- 10 percent off our flower shop
- Photo files (via email) of you and your work, if desired
- Light refreshments and drinks at our sister business, Zadie's Market
We'll meet up at our flower shop in quaint downtown Marshall and caravan to the flower farm, about 8 minutes away. We will tour the farm, and participants will have an opportunity to select a few blooms for their arrangements.
There is a flower picking component, but this is not u-pick. We ask participants to limit themselves to approximately a dozen stems.
Lisianthus and dahlias will be the stars of the event, and other late summer flowers will also be blooming, such as zinnias, sunflowers, strawflower, gomphrena, cosmos, scabiosa, celosia, and many others.
Additional flowers will be available in the studio for those who prefer to spend their farm time exploring and taking photos.
After the farm visit, we'll stop by Zadie's for drinks and snacks (included) from our sister business.
We'll return to the flower shop to discuss flower arranging with a particular emphasis on designs that use local flowers and change seasonally.
We will provide ample blooms for you to choose from.
We will also provide a photo backdrop, and we will photograph your arrangement with our DSLR camera and email you the images after the workshop if you would like photos of your work.
The arrangement and vase will be yours to keep at the end of the night. You can also shop our flower shop and receive 10 percent off anything in store!
Here's an approximate schedule:
- 4 p.m. Meet at the flower shop, introductions
- 4:15 p.m. Depart for the flower farm
- 4:30 p.m. Arrive at the farm, tour the operation, pick flowers
- 5:30 p.m. Depart the flower farm
- 5:45 p.m. Flower arranging demo
- 6:00 p.m. Create your own arrangement. We'll also take a high quality photo of it (and you) if desired. During this time, you may also shop our flower shop. Participants receive 10 percent off the shop!
- 6:45 p.m. Drinks and snacks at Zadie's. Participants may leave anytime or stay later for dinner on your own.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring anything you need to feel comfortable at the farm. (Hat, bug spray, rain gear, etc.)
This workshop runs rain or shine. Please come prepared if it rains.
We will follow all state guidelines for COVID-19 precautions. If masks are required for indoor gatherings at this time, please wear a mask. We will provide options for socially distant workspaces when indoors.
This ticket is non-refundable. However, you may transfer it to another participant if you notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the rare event of a state-mandated Shelter In Place order, we will issue a credit in the form of a gift certificate redeemable for anything we sell online or in store, including a future workshop.
We reserve the right to cancel this workshop at any time for any reason. If we cancel the workshop for any reason other than state-mandated COVID-19 restrictions (described above), you will receive a full refund.
Professional photography is prohibited unless authorized in writing. You may take photos for personal use only.