Admin and Sales Assistant
Carolina Flowers Admin and Sales Assistant
Part-time, hourly, exempt position
Approximately 32 hours per week
Wednesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
More hours may be available depending on business needs.
To begin ASAP
Carolina Flowers is Asheville’s flagship flower company, providing flowers from our fields to customers all over the metropolitan area through our delivery business. We also offer floral design services for weddings and events and sell our blooms at farmers markets.
You would work in Marshall, about 25 minutes northwest of Asheville, at our shop, Carolina Flowers Mercantile, which serves as both our retail showcase and our production area. All blooms come here after they leave the farm for processing, storage and arranging. It’s an exciting and beautiful place to work!
The Admin and Sales Assistant is a hybrid role: part sales, part merchandising, part admin. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a beautiful, organized environment in our shop. You will also be our sales associate, responsible for meeting personal sales goals each month. You will also answer all incoming phone calls, take orders over the phone, answer the door, sign for packages, field questions from the community, screen emails and coordinate the owner's schedule.
The Admin and Sales Assistant should encapsulate the spirit of Carolina Flowers with an upbeat, positive attitude and a genial, kind demeanor. The ASA will often interact with customers, so cordiality and conversation skills are a must.
Customer interaction will include:
- Answering phones and receiving floral orders
- Answering customer support emails
- Processing inventory and creating web listings
- Merchandising the storefront
- Screening and sorting client emails
- Meeting monthly sales goals
Because we are a fast-paced, quickly growing company the ASA should be flexible and excited about pitching in with other company initiatives as needed, whether that means washing buckets, running supplies to the farm or helping execute a glamorous photo shoot. As a member of our team, it’s likely we will ask you to participate in outside-the-box team initiatives. We have fun, but we work very hard!
- Excellent customer service skills and customer service experience
- Ability to operate a phone system and take orders via the phone
- Experience with Shopify is a plus
- An upbeat, positive attitude that comes across in everything you do
- Enthusiastic team player
- Attention to detail
- Organized and efficient
- Resiliency and indefatigability
- Punctual and reliable
- Freelance or part-time work for other florists (including yourself) must be disclosed and approved
- Excitement about becoming part of a quickly growing company and an interest in becoming more involved