Full Time, Hourly, 32-40 Hours per Week
Living Wage: Exact Compensation Depends on Experience
10 Days of Paid Vacation and 2 Sick Days Per Year
Usually Monday-Friday, but some weekend work may be required.
Do you consider yourself the glue of the organization? If so, you might be a good fit for Administrative Coordinator at Carolina Flowers.
Carolina Flowers grows several acres of specialty cut flowers in Marshall, North Carolina, and sells them for weddings and direct-to-consumer via our website. To a lesser extent, we also sell flowers for wholesale clients, restaurants and florists.
You will assist the company through many different functions, but you will bring clarity, organization, and an upbeat, can-do perspective to every task.
The Administrative Coordinator works with customers to provide clear, upbeat and efficient communication. Performance will be evaluated, in part, on response time. Customer interaction will include:
- Answering phones and receiving floral orders
- Answering customer support emails
- Creating wedding proposals and working with wedding clients
- Staffing the storefront (which is not currently open due to coronavirus)
- Occasionally making deliveries
- Occasional event assistance
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for managing a company calendar and tracking projects.
The Administrative Coordinator will also process inventory and create product listings on the website. The Administrative Coordinator will also fulfill and ship web orders.
The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with our sister company, Zadie’s Market. In the early stages of this position, there will be some overlap in inventory and customer service work.
Filing, labeling and systemizing the flow of objects and information is a big part of this job. You should enjoy organization, but you must also be able to cope with disorganization.
The Administrative Coordinator also researches supplies, equipment and merchandise and works with other employees to order replacement parts and track orders of supplies and materials.
The Administrative Coordinator, along with other employees, will be responsible for the physical cleanliness of a fast-paced flower shop. The Administrative Coordinator must be comfortable lifting 50 pounds and moving materials around the shop.
The Administrative Coordinator position is flexible. It will grow and change over time. The right candidate will advance within the company.
- A natural aptitude for customer service
- An upbeat personality
- Fantastic typing, writing and grammar skills
- Experience writing proposals or other client-facing documents
- Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite and other office software
- A digital mindset that includes adaptability and ability to quickly learn new software and applications
- Familiarity with Dubsado, Slack and other project management applications is a plus
- Familiarity with Shopify is a plus
- Ability to work under deadline
- Ability to tease order from chaos
- Should be able to comfortably lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis
To apply, please fill out the form below: