Carolina Flowers is hiring for a full-time florist to work at our studio in Marshall, NC. We provide flowers for everyday enjoyment, weddings, and events throughout the greater Asheville area. Our style is naturalistic and modern, and we have clearly defined brand standards.
We work with the freshest local product from our farm! Although we use recipes for pricing purposes, our inventory changes rapidly, so a successful candidate will be able to write new recipes on the fly.
We are looking for a florist who is satisfied by daily and event work. We are looking for a florist with solid computer skills who can create proposals and other client-facing documents. Experience with Excel is a plus.
You should be comfortable engaging customers and contractors, making sales and talking about the farm in an upbeat manner.
This role is creative. However, it’s also analytical. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with flowers, but they will also be motivated by growing the business.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability and passion for team leadership. The ideal candidate will have an interest in growing with the company.
The Florist will be required to sign non-disclosure and non-compete agreements. You will not be able to freelance or run your own business while you work here.
We really want someone who is excited about becoming an essential member of our team!
- You MUST have floral design experience. You will be tested on technique.
- Strong spiral-stem bouquet-making skills
- A naturally upbeat personality
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Experience writing proposals and client-facing documents is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Microsoft Office and Dubsado is a plus
- Ability to work under deadline
- You should be comfortable working on ladders.
- You should be able to comfortably lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- You should have a clean driving record.
Please fill out the form below to apply.