What is Farmer's New Year? It's the time of year when we begin preparing for the following calendar year.
This workshop for professionals and aspiring professionals and enthusiastic hobbyists combines a tour of our flower farm with several informational packets, an extensive Q&A session, and social time with like-minded folks.
This is not a floral design workshop.
On Sunday, August 1, from 3-8 p.m., you'll experience our studio, farm and flower shop! We'll go over the fundamentals of our hybrid farm business and provide ample opportunities for you to ask questions.
Here's What You'll Receive
- Informational packets on the the most important aspects of our business: growing flowers, selling flowers online, events and staffing
A behind-the-scenes look our flower studio in a historic bank building in cute downtown Marshall
- A small-group tour of our flower farm
- 10 percent off our flower shop
- A complementary bouquet and swag bag
- Snacks and drinks at our sister business, Zadie's Market
Here's an approximate schedule:
- 3 p.m. Meet at the flower shop, introductions
- 3:30 p.m. We'll present an overview of our business with attention to growing, selling flowers online, events, and staffing
- 4:30 p.m. Depart for the flower farm
- 4:30 p.m. Arrive at the farm, tour the operation in depth
- 6:30 p.m. Return to the studio for an in-depth Q&A about the farm and any other aspects of the business you're curious about.
- 7:00 p.m. Visit Zadie's Market for drinks and snacks on the patio with visiting and continued Q&A.
- 8 p.m. Official end time. However, participants are welcome to stay later at Zadie's or leave earlier as desired.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring anything you need to feel comfortable at the farm. (Hat, bug spray, rain gear, etc.)
This workshop runs rain or shine. Please come prepared if it rains.
We will follow all state guidelines for COVID-19 precautions. If masks are required for indoor gatherings at this time, please wear a mask. We will provide options for socially distant workspaces when indoors.
This ticket is non-refundable. However, you may transfer it to another participant if you notify us via email at email@example.com.
In the rare event of a state-mandated Shelter In Place order, we will issue a credit in the form of a gift certificate redeemable for anything we sell online or in store, including a future workshop.
We reserve the right to cancel this workshop at any time for any reason. If we cancel the workshop for any reason other than state-mandated COVID-19 restrictions (described above), you will receive a full refund.
Professional photography is prohibited unless authorized in writing. You may take photos for personal use only.