All About Wedding Budgets
Weddings are unique. We begin the process of creating a wedding and a marriage with zero experience, and if we do them right, we'll never do them again! Unlike most other major purchases and life choices, experience really isn't your teacher in the wedding world!
All that to say: If you feel overwhelmed by wedding budgets, or if you have no idea what flowers cost, that's totally normal!
The majority of our clients say, "I have no idea what flowers cost."
We understand! We're here to make the process of planning your flowers as easy and enjoyable for you as possible.
First, do a quick gut check:
- How important are flowers to your wedding? The "average" wedding spends 8-10 percent of the overall budget on flowers. If flowers are really important you, consider saving 10 to 20 percent of your budget for stunning blooms and installations.
- Do you have a lavish vision in mind? If so, how important is it to you? Be sure to communicate your vision and budget accurately so we can help you accomplish your goal! Some books will tell you to conceal your budget from your vendors to get the lowest price, but this strategy often leads to confusing communication. We think it's better if everyone is straightforward!
- If you're on a budget, understand that we can be your ally in helping you make the most of your means! If your floral budget is $1,500 or less, you'll get the most bang for your buck by booking through our self-serve Wedding & Celebration Shop. Other clients might enjoy pursuing this page to get a feel for where pricing begins.
As you read all of these details, remember, you're at the wheel! We really want to help you make a great decision based on your priorities. Just be sure to let us know what those are.
If you LOVE ceremony flowers such as arbors, we can make a plan to put most of your budget toward a stunning ceremony backdrop all your guests will remember. We can advise about the areas that are less prominent.
Are you curious about what other people do? Well, here are some details:
- An average wedding floral budget is around $3,000. This budget tends to cover the classic bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, etc. Packages of this size tend to include simple ceremony decor and centerpieces.
- Ceremony decoration like large flower arrangement pairings and arbors tend to start around $600 for more simple designs. $1,000 is a solid budget for this area. Elaborate arches with head-to-toe flowers can easily run $2,000 or $3,000.
- Centerpieces add up (but they don't have to). Most wedding tables seat 8 guests, so if you have 96 people at your wedding, that's 11 tables. If each centerpiece costs $100, which is a fairly average centerpiece price, be prepared to spend $1,100 on centerpieces. If that number doesn't work for you, consider swapping some centerpieces for bud vases. We're happy to make recommendations about where to prioritize your flowers.
Many florists have minimum order requirements. We don't. We know most people love to get to know a florist and ask questions before they hone in on the budget number. We're happy to help you figure out the best fit for you!